Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fund Drive Update

Hello everyone: First an update on the fund drive. The response has simply been amazing. There have been so many of you that have helped so much in getting the word out by taking the fund site and linking to your own social networks...Facebook, blog sites and just forwarding on the site link through good old fashioned email. Your efforts are working, we have had people from all over the country visit the site.

The donations are coming in, but we need them to keep coming. I know this is a tough time for everyone. It does not matter how much you can give... whatever you can do to help will be very, very, very much appreciated. As I've mentioned before this is in many ways very difficult for Scott and Amy. They are an unassuming, private family that does not like to be in the spotlight in any way. However, the needs they have far outweigh any possibility that we could just sit back and not help.

I also want to mention that we plan to present the Glassers with the collected donations on Monday, Dec.21 at a local area venue, i.e. small restaurant, hall,etc. I am working on getting an establishment to donate their place to us. The plan is to have this be one last fundraising event as well. I would like to ask anyone interested in helping put this together to please email me at: wcolwell@nycap.rr.com or call me at 518-221-3511, the idea is to have it run from 5PM to 9PM. I already have someone that can provide entertainment on a donated basis. As soon as we have the venue known and the details in place we will provide this as well as a request on a headcount of those wishing to attend.

Thanks for all of your support and please email me if you can help plan the event.

Wayne Colwell

No comments:

Post a Comment